Information We Collect
Information you disclose to us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you register, use the Services, participate in activities related to the Products or Services (such as respond to surveys, enter contests, promotions, avail offers or giveaways), or contact us through any support channels.
Personal Info - We collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, billing address, birthday, debit/credit card numbers, profile picture, and other similar information.
Social Media Login- For your convenience, we may provide you with the option to register and log in through an existing social media account, such as Facebook and Google. When you choose to do so, we will receive certain profile information, depending on the platform, such as your name, email address, profile picture, birthday, and other information you choose to make public on such social media platform. This feature is provided to improve your onboarding experience and to make our products and services more convenient.
User Content - We collect information that you upload, post, publish, or display or share on the cards, including photos, comments, messages, graphics, or other materials ("User Content").
Information other users share about you
We receive certain personal information about you from other users when they upload your contact information or send you a card or upload your picture.
Automatically collected information
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). However, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website, and other technical details. This information is primarily needed to maintain our Website's security and operation and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Cookies Cookies are small text files that reside on your browser and identify you as a unique user. Cookies allow us to, among other things, retrieve your login information, personalize your experience, retrieve your creations and create a smooth user experience. Cookies are also used to track your status or progress when ordering cards from us. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or manually clear individual or all of the cookies on your browser. However, if you reject or clear cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of our pages and features.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website. Depending on how you interact with the Website, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages, and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, or your consent.
We use the information we collect or receive as described below:
To Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Facilitating account creation and logon process
- Providing access to certain functionalities and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or services purchased;
For Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
For Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use some personal information to tailor your Website experience and provide you with relevant content and advertisements. We will provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we may market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and "interest-based" or "personalized advertising," including cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
Information that is shared with others
We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties as described below.
Information disclosed to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information to provide our services are described below.
- Service Providers - We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Other GreetPool users - When you use the Services, including creating and sharing a card with others and inviting them to collaborate, all the User Content is publicly shared among all the collaborators. We do not password protect or hide the cards. The User Content is shared with any user that you, or other users, choose to share the card link with. Some features may allow GreetPool users to download or share User Content available to them, including sharing on social media.
- Business Partners - We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products, services.
- Agents -We may employ other companies and contractors to perform tasks on our behalf. We may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Affiliates - We may share your personal information with our company affiliates for our administrative purposes, including IT management, for them to provide services to you or to support and supplement the Services we provide.
- Advertising Partners - We may share your selective personal information with third-party advertising partners. Some third-party advertising partners may auto-collect information specified above and may use it (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks.
Information disclosed to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to
- comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena;
- protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety;
- enforce our policies or contracts;
- collect amounts owed to us; or
- Assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Information disclosed for Business Transfer
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be shared or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law or contract.
Your Rights and Control Over Information
You have the right to opt-out of any future contacts from us or discontinue use of our service at any time. You also have the right to request that we delete all personal information on you from our records.
You have the right to request and review information associated with your account at any time, including the following: types of Personal Information collected; methods and reasons for collecting Personal Information; the types of recipients of your Personal Information; and how long we use or store your Personal Information.
You have a right to correct your Personal Information in case of any error or update. In fact, is expected and encouraged that you responsibly update all personal information on the Website to ensure we have all the correct information.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to Know: You have the right to know more details about the Personal Information we collect and how we use or disclose this information;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not sell the Personal Information we collect.
California consumers may exercise these rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. When you make such a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information, which may include confirming the email address associated with any Personal Information we have about you or providing a government-issued identity document.
Retention of Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your information are important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the information we collect or store will always be protected from unauthorized access.
How to Contact Us